By registering for Alphamega Run as One 2019 (hereinafter the “Event”), I (the “Participant”) declare that I accept the terms and conditions of these regulations (by ticking the “Terms & Conditions” section in the registration form) and will comply with the conditions set out in these Regulations.
Registration and Participation
- I am aware that I may take part in the Event only if I (i) fully and correct complete the registration form; (ii) pay the entire entry fee; and (iii) accept the present Terms and Conditions along with all the rules and guidelines of the Event.
- I warrant and declare that I am fully authorised to register for the Event via the website of the Event and that I am authorised to use the credit card or other means of payment stated by me to pay the entry fee. I declare that I will not reverse or challenge the credit card transaction, the digital transfer or the direct debit collection. The website of the Event may be made available on behalf of the Primo Events LTD or by the organiser of the Event C.A Papaellinas Emporiki Ltd (“Alphamega”).
- If I register a third party for the Event, I declare that I am authorised to make that registration on behalf of that third party. I accept that the conditions of this Participant’s Declaration apply to me as well as to any third party for whom I act as representative or agent.
- I am aware that my registration is final and cannot be cancelled. The entry fee is payable on registration.
- I accept that my registration is personal and non – transferable, unless the Organisation expressly allows so.
- I declare that I am at least 18 years old on the day of the Event, If I register another person who has not reached the age of 18 years old on the day of the Event, I declare that, I am the minor’s guardian, I have given permission for his or her registration and have given the permission and indemnification referred to in this Participant’s Declaration on behalf of the minor.
Liability / indemnification
- Participation in the Event is at my own risk. Alphamega is not liable for any loss, directly or indirectly incurred by me or my surviving relatives because of the participation in the Event, unless that loss is directly due to intent or gross negligence on the part of Alphamega.
- Alphamega is not liable for any loss, incurred by third parties because of an act or omission regarding the Event for which I am to blame. I indemnify Alphamega against any damage incurred by third parties because of an act or omission regarding the Event for which I am to blame.
- I declare that I am adequately insured against the risk of loss incurred by me or my surviving relatives because of death, injury or sickness caused by my participation in the Event.
- If, despite the provisions of paragraphs 8 and 9, Alphamega is nevertheless deemed liable for any loss incurred by me, my surviving relatives or my representatives, Alphamega liability for that loss is limited to the amount paid by Alphamega insurer in respect of that loss.
- I am aware that participation in the Event requires a good state of health. I confirm that I have gone through sufficient medical checks, and I am medically, physically and mentally fit to take part in the Event. Furthermore, I confirm that I have adequately prepared for the Event by means of training and otherwise. I am aware of Alphamega express advice to have a specialized sports medical examination performed before participating in the Event.
Rules and guidelines of the Event
- I declare that I am aware of the rules and guidelines of the Event and that I will strictly comply with and follow those rules and guidelines. I declare that I will not in any manner cover, change or reproduce my starting number.
- I will respect and comply with any decision of Alphamega regarding my ability to participate in the Event.
- I am aware that I may be disqualified from the Event and any future events of the Alphamega if I fail to comply with the rules and guidelines of the Event.
- I agree that Alphamega may cancel the Event at any time or at a late date. I agree that the Alphamega will not refund my entry fee in that case and that Alphamega is not liable for the costs incurred by me.
- As a result of my participation I consent for Alphamega to process my personal data including my results / split times in the Event:
- to make them available to third parties;
- to use them to open an account in which the personal data provided by me and my results in the Event are processed, which account will in future allow the Alphamega and Primo Events to access my personal data and my results in the Event.
I understand that if I wish to withdraw this permission at any time, I will send an email with a request to that effect to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, I understand that my data will be retained by AlphaMega for 13 months after the completion of the event and that will not be shared by any third parties apart in the course of the present event where necessary and after AlphaMega has taken all appropriate measures to safeguard that the parties to share them with, follow the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- I give Alphamega permission to publish my results in the Event.
- I give Alphamega permission both during and after the Event to process and publish my name, competition results, and if this is part of the ranking categories of the event age and gender, for instance by publishing them in newspapers, via the Internet and via social media.
- I declare that I know technologies may be deployed in the Event that make it possible to establish my exact location at any desired time (live tracking) by receiving (GPS) signals from my device and/or from transponder (aka chip or tag worn by me) reads on course during the Event. I understand and agree that spectators of the Event can follow my exact location in real time.
- I give Alphamega permission to follow and share my location in real time (live tracking) in a manner as described in paragraph 20 above, to include those data in a file, to make those data available to third parties and to publish them via the Internet, via social media and via mobile applications developed by Alphamega.
I give Alphamega, the Event, Organisation and its partners, sponsors and licensee’s permission in advance to publish and circulate photos or interviews or any kind of visual material taken during the Event, including but not limited to their use for commercial purposes for the Event by Alphamega or Primo Events.